Monday, February 11, 2008

Suckafool

So I threw out the phrase "shut your face, suckafool" in class today.

I do that a lot. Not call people "suckafool", of course, but say things that might be considered inappropriate by some, if not all, of the people who might read this. Yesterday I mentioned to my AP Bio class that the word "Stramenopila" (a major group of Algae) sounds like a sexually transmitted disease and could also be a good name for a punk band. We also discussed the fact that xylem cells (which look and act like microscopic drinking straws) are dead at maturity, just like real straws. That, in and of itself, is not too bad, but I then proceeded to ask "what if real straws were alive? Would they try and become more than platonic friends? You wouldn't really be able to blame then due to the fact that you are always putting them in and around your mouth - they would probably get the idea that you were into them."

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

No comments: