Friday, February 8, 2008

What is this about?

Ok - truth time.

I hate zombies.

There. I've said it. They scare the crap out of me. With all the slow, laborious walking and the loud moaning and the never stopping until their heads are chopped off, these things are the stuff of nightmares. At least my nightmares.

Stupid zombies.

And don't get me started on the newer generation of zombies made popular in the remakes of "Dawn of the Dead" and other movies like "28 Days later" and "I am legend". (Ok, technically the creatures in "I am legend" were supposed to be vampires - at least in the book - but they sure look like zombies in the flick.) Those suckers can move! Running and climbing and still not dying until something horrible happens to the cranium, these things are the stuff of more recent nightmares.

I am a giant pansy.

These are some of the zombies referred to in the title of the blog, but by no means all of them. I have another definition of zombie: one who mindlessly continues doing what he or she has always done with nary a critical thought in their little heads. Generally it seems that the only thing that will stop them from spouting their inane, poorly constructed thoughts regarding the relative youth of the earth and the merits of a global increase in temperature is to chop their heads off. I propose that, while it may sometimes be satisfying to do so, we should not immediately reach for a lethally sharpened sword or overly sharp spoon to dispatch these people. Rather we should force them to read this and other blogs which point out the error of their ways and attempt to rehabilitate them.

Topics that will be covered include but are not limited to creationsim/Intelligent Design, Climate change and the various denialists out there, religion and the various issues surrounding it, and, hopefully only occasionally, actual zombie reports. Other topics might include such favorites as politics, European soccer, and my kids.

So while I truly do hate movie zombies, I am fully aware that they are not real.

I may be a pansy but I can tell fact from fiction.

No comments: